Sri Krishna

Sri Krishna

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Mind Your Mind- Food for Thought!

Once a lady went to meet a Swamiji who had come on a visit to her place. She was very disturbed.

Swamiji asked " What happened? Why are you disturbed?'

The lady said, " My son doesn't score much in his examinations. It's very much disturbing. I am worried about his future."

Swamiji further questioned her," Is he studying properly?", and she said, " Yes Swamiji. He works hard all through the night. He is even awake till 2 in the morning at times." He consoled her saying that he would find what the actual issue is.

That night he woke up at 12 and went to meet the boy. He saw that the lights were on in the boy's room. He observed the boy sitting in a chair and his book open. He went near the boy and noticed him closely. The boy's eyes were looking at his book, but his fingers were moving fast over each other. Swamiji couldn't understand what was actually going on. He slowly touched the boy's shoulders and as soon as the boy saw Swamiji he immediately stood up.

Swamiji enquired, " I understand you are studying, but I don't understand what you are doing with your hands."

The boy felt ashamed and replied " Swamiji, I play in my school Cricket team as an important batsman. I am mentally picturizing a bowler spinning a ball at me and I am trying to strike the ball with my hands."

Swamiji left the place smiling.

When studying we remember the playground, does Vise versa happen? Why is it so?

Control your mind. Concentrate on what you do and do it with devotion and concentration. Automatically your mind will start obeying the orders given by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.